Sunday, April 21, 2024
Energy Transition Outlook Report 2023
HomeRenewablesbattery chargingE-bike fire prompts safety warning ahead of Christmas

E-bike fire prompts safety warning ahead of Christmas

A serious house fire in Hackney believed to be caused by an e-bike battery failure, has left a woman critically injured after jumping from a window to escape.

The blaze destroyed most of the three-story house, prompting the London Fire Brigade to issue a warning regarding e-bike safety.

Assistant Commissioner Charlie Pugsley urged owners not to store or charge e-bikes in escape routes, emphasising the ferocity and rapid spread of lithium battery fires.

The incident follows a recent e-bike battery fire in Harringay, contributing to a concerning trend, with 150 e-bike and 28 e-scooter fires in 2023 – a 53% increase from 2022.

The Brigade urges caution in e-bike purchases, advocating for reputable sellers and proper usage to mitigate fire risks.

Energy Live News
Energy Live News
This article first appeared on Energy Live News, an award winning news service. Their mission is to give you balanced news, analysis, commentary of energy from their dedicated team of quality journalists and production staff.
- Advertisment -
Energy Jobline LinkedIn

Most Popular

Recent Comments